Thursday 6 December 2012

The Eyes Have It ...

I went to the optician today for a regular (if infrequent) eye check-up. Inevitably when I was asked "Have you had any trouble with your eyes?" a conversation started about diplopia and how, in my case, it turned out to be of neurological origin (i.e. CLIPPERS) rather than because of any defect with my eyes.

One thing that was interesting (although hopefully not in the Chinese sense) is that I apparently still have a very slight nystagmus (involuntary eye movement) which is only visible when looked for down a microscope. This had been noted before, when I still had other CLIPPERS symptoms, but I had assumed it had cleared up along with everything else. Maybe there is some residual damage somewhere - at one point my consultant warned me I might have double vision for good too. Anyway as I can't detect it and it doesn't affect my vision at all I'm not going to lose too much sleep over it. I'll  make a mental note though, because if it gets worse over time it might indicate some renewed CLIPPERS activity.
 
Read other articles in this series at Living With CLIPPERS.

Creative Commons Licence