Monday 7 July 2014

News Update


About 3 weeks ago, I had my first brain-scan of 2014, this time at the Institute of Neurology in London. I did ask my neurologist whether they were going to try anything different, as the IoN scanners are more research-oriented, but he told me they were just spreading the load of clinical imaging cases. It's funny, that having scans less often is in some ways more stressful because you wonder what might have been going on in the interim. Anyway, I have now had the unofficial feedback on the scans which was that:

"Everything is good. There was a tiny bit of signal change in the pons, as before and no enhancement. No change from last year."

So this is good news, especially as I have now been off Prednisolone for two years. Sounds like a bit of residual CLIPPERS-related damage which I will have to put up with, but I can't associate that with anything specific in day-to-day life.

Read other articles in this series at Living With CLIPPERS.

Creative Commons Licence