Tuesday 30 June 2015

CLIPPERS in the news


The Detroit News (not a publication I was previously familiar with) has recently run an article about CLIPPERS based on the experience of Roger, a military veteran in Michigan. You can read the article here:
(I can't guarantee this link will stay working forever as it is on an external site).

It's an interesting story and reminded me of my own experience when after several weeks of uncertainty one of my doctors produced this article about this "thing called CLIPPERS" which seemed to describe quite accurately what I had. I did wonder about the title: "World's 51st case of disorder is in Michigan". I haven't counted lately, but I suspect the number of published cases may be around (or probably exceed) 51 as they say in the article, but I also suspect the number of diagnosed cases worldwide runs into the hundreds. Whatever, it is still a very rare condition and stories like this which help raise the profile can only be a good thing. I hope Roger continues with his recovery from CLIPPERS.

Read other articles in this series at Living With CLIPPERS.

Creative Commons Licence