Friday 12 June 2015

More blood.

Filled tubes, 9 of them.
So, following on from last time, I finally managed to get my blood sample collected for the Mayo CLIPPERS study. In fact, I had no problem filling all 9 tubes - I have good veins apparently. Hopefully it survived the trip over the Atlantic with FedEx and will contribute in some small way to helping understand more about CLIPPERS. 
Two warts merged into one.
As of the beginning of June, I am over four years since first symptoms and still taking Azathioprine with few side-effects. Apart from occasional blips in liver scores, I have a few warts (7ish) which is apparently quite common on Azathioprine. They are confined to fingers with a few periungual ones for good luck. Not very pleasant, but could be worse - I had them blasted with cryotherapy recently which will hopefully help. That's enough about warts.

Finally, I'm not sure how long this has been live, but CLIPPERS now has a short entry on Radiopaedia (think of Wikipedia, but for doctors)

Read other articles in this series at Living With CLIPPERS.

Creative Commons Licence
Living With CLIPPERS by Bill Crum is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.